Students who have been residing in Kansas for 6 months prior to classes starting may apply for in-state tuition by providing the following information to the Office of the Registrar by the start of the semester:

  1. Completed Affidavit of Residency Statement (obtained in the Office of the Registrar)
  2. A physical Kansas address (School or other - no PO boxes)
  3. The student must provide proof of at least three of the following:
    1. Receipt for purchase of Kansas license tags dated at least 6 months before term starts.
    2. Receipt for payment of Kansas property taxes, dated at least 6 months before term starts.
    3. Employment verification or payroll check stubs from a Kansas employer or school attendance at (college or university) commencing six (6) months prior to the first day of classes of the semester.
    4. Copy of voter registration in the State of Kansas dated six (6) months prior to the school term.
    5. Copy of Kansas driver’s license dated at least six (6) months prior to the school term.
    6. Utility receipt and/or rent receipts continuously for the prior six (6) months.
    7. Verification from a Kansas resident that the above named student has resided with him/her/them for six (6) months before the school term starts.

Students will be notified of residency requirements and the procedure for processing paperwork upon request for residency. The Registrar serves as the key contact for students, faculty, and staff.

Revision Dates: 05-15-2018, 01-06-2016, 6-11-2013, 09-15-2003, 10-16-2000.

Administrative Policy