Thank you to veterans.jpg

Where can I find out about my veteran benefits for education?

Descriptions of the available benefits, instructions for claiming these benefits, and many additional resources are available at:

Where are my VA Education Benefits?

The Department of Veterans Affairs has made funds available for Veteran students who are still awaiting their education benefit claim to be processed. Eligible veterans can receive up to a $3000 advance, which will be recouped from future benefit payments. If you applied for one of the VA's education programs and have not yet received your monthly benefit payment, you can request a one-time advance payment at your local VA Regional Office or through VA's Web site,



What steps need to occur in order for me to have my enrollment at Pratt Community College certified with the VA?

Students seeking to use VA benefits will need to follow these steps:

  1. Submit a completed application for benefits to the VA.  Application can be completed and submitted on the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website.
  2. Once the VA sends you your Certificate of Eligibility, you will need to provide a copy to the Pratt Community College Registrar in order to get certified for that semester.  You can hand carry a copy or send it to the Registrar via

Do I have to verify my enrollment to receive benefits?

Yes, you need to verify your attendance every month before payment is issued if you are attending an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) or Non-College Degree (NCD) program and are receiving one of the following:

  • Montgomery GI Bill ® - Active Duty
  • Montgomery GI Bill ® - Selected Reserve
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program - REAP
  • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program - VRAP

You can verify your enrollment by calling 1-877-823-2378 or visiting:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Do I need to contact PCC if I've changed my schedule?

Yes. If a class is added or dropped during the course of a semester, the VA Certifying Official will need to be notified of the change, via email, at

Who can I contact for more information about veteran benefits at PCC?

For more information about your VA benefits administered through PCC, please contact Rose Ohlsen at or 620-450-2219.


When you're ready to enroll, call 620-450-2217 or speak to your advisor


Additional Veteran Resources: