General Description and Purpose
The Social Media & Website Manager is responsible for managing the college’s digital marketing presence, including the college website, social media platforms, online advertising, and other digital communication media. Will be responsible for developing and providing content for the college’s social media strategy in order to increase online presence. Will provide content and have a good understanding of web design, content management, and maintenance. Will assist with the design, production and writing of marketing and collateral materials. Is supervised by the Director of Marketing Communications & College Relations and provides support for the Division of Student/Enrollment Management as needed.
- Provide content, graphics, and develop the college’s social media strategy in order to increase the college’s online presence.
- Stay current with trends and technology relative to social media platforms and delivery.
- Maintain an archive of photos, graphics, and online marketing campaigns for use as needed.
- Utilize social media monitoring tools to schedule posts and measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Develop regular analytics reports, analyze performance data to improve engagement.
- Maintain day-to-day website content; develop content including images, web copy, forms, videos, graphics, and determine optimum presentation.
- Optimize web pages for search engines.
- Ensure accessibility of web content.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of digital communication content.
- Monitor the college’s digital presence regularly and check for authorized users, outdated content, accuracy of content, and proper use of branding elements.
- Monitor and regulate access rights of varied campus users; website and social media.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Information Technology colleagues to ensure coordination of technology, software, and presentation for digital presence.
- Create landing pages and other conversion opportunities.
- Take photos and video, perform basic photo and video editing.
- Verify content of work is factual and free of errors; proofread.
- Maintain and enforce the college branding, logos, graphic images and official marks.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of college marketing and advertising activities and campaigns for digital platforms and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in creating graphic layouts and designs of advertising, marketing collateral, and other published materials. Select and arrange photos, type, illustrations, and color. Collaborate with Director, Vice President, and co-workers on concepts and campaigns.
- Assist in managing, and developing strategies to enhance the college’s public image.
- Edit, proofread, fact-check, and coordinate production of a variety of marketing communications
- Write and distribute press releases, feature stories and editorial copy regarding instructional activities, faculty, students, including honor rolls, key events, honors, trips, radio PSAs as directed.
- Provide assistance and support for marketing initiatives associated with the Beaver Booster club, PCC Foundation and other college organizations as needed.
- Work with the Director to set priorities and deadlines, clearly communicate project goals and reinforce a collaborative work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management and/or the President.
- Assist with key campus events and activities as requested.
- Accept appointment to and participate in committees as assigned.
- Participate in college events including: Beaver Building Days, college fairs, job fairs and other public events as requested.
- Assist with campus events related to admissions, enrollment, and college relations as needed.
- Assist with promoting student life initiatives including student activities, intramurals and special events as needed.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Work collaboratively with other college offices to solicit content for website and social media; provide support and training with navigating social media platforms and website content management.
Supervises the Following Staff
Student Assistants as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Possess working knowledge of all digital marketing – internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines and digital media.
- Ability to analyze data to determine effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Proficient with using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite, email marketing software such as Mailchimp.
- Proficient with developing social media strategies, creating and managing content, creating actionable plans.
- Knowledge of media editing software (photo and video).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytical tools.
- Ability to sustain communication with diverse groups, anticipate problems, reconcile conflicts and maintain a strong philosophical base for student activities.
- Ability to prepare materials for all media, including the ability to utilize desktop publishing technology, including Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator.
- Effectively work with various public and diverse populations.
- Digital photography skills and related technology.
- Understanding of the mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Popular style writing skills necessary.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess skills necessary to creatively design publication and promotional materials; basic design skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to continuously evaluate and improve the institution’s public relations and communications program.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Able to effectively organize time and tasks and willing to travel.
- Website design and maintenance and web-based programs.
- Excellent organizational and management skills, including processes, projects and time.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends; irregular and flexible hours.
- Application of general design principles.
- Must manage time effectively and be a self-starter; able to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that establishes confidence and trust.
- Ability to identify news and stories of value and organize information into a news story or feature.
- Manage multiple assignments and deadlines effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure, take instruction and meet deadlines.
- High level written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills required and able to reason logically.
- Must be able to demonstrate writing and composition skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and verbal.
- Must be of sound character capable of serving as role model with a high degree of ethical standards and excellent leadership ability.
- Ability to represent the college professionally including: personal appearance, wardrobe attire, communication skills and conduct.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout Kansas independently.
- Ability to work successfully with other employees, students, prospective students, business and school partners.
- Will have a good understanding of web design and maintenance, with the ability to navigate web pages comfortably.
- Two years’ work experience in communications, marketing, design, public relations, or comparable area preferred.
- Two years’ experience and skills in web design, web content maintenance and online program development required. Experience with Google analytics and Drupal preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a social media manager preferred.
- One-year experience in working with desktop publishing technology, such as Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator required.
- Experience in working in higher education preferred.
- Portfolio review of designs, marketing plans/campaigns, photographs, business communications, web designs, required with interview.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or a related field required or Associate’s degree and two years practical workplace experience in related field noted above required.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Work is performed in an office setting on campus and/or remotely. Must be able to travel independently and work in off-site locations. Requires ability to work flexible hours and be able to deal with stressful conditions in a calm and professional manner. Light lifting up to 40 pounds may be necessary on an occasional basis. Must be able to walk across campus and access various types of buildings.
This position allows the employee the option of remote location work; employee is not required to work on the Pratt campus during the full work week. Regular office hours on the Pratt campus during part of the work week are required. While working remotely, must be available during regular business hours to respond in a timely manner to inquiries, attend meetings via video conferencing, conduct business, manage projects, manage digital communication flow, and effectively perform the day-to-day duties of the job using college-issued equipment and software. The position requires frequent contact with staff, faculty, administration and external persons which can be conducted either remotely or in-person. Position may require evening and /or weekend work.