General Description and Purpose
Will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with care and prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of intercollegiate athletic team injuries as well as working with student athletic trainers.
- Provide injury prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation for athletes.
- Handle all referrals to physicians when necessary.
- Verify athlete welfare regarding decisions about returning to participation after an injury.
- Process all athletic insurance injury claims.
- Develop and administer training room supplies budget.
- Recruiting of sports medicine students.
- Work cooperatively with coaches regarding specific training needs during each season.
- Maintain injury and rehabilitation progress records on all athletes.
- Handle initial injury evaluations.
- Act as an academic advisor to student trainers.
- Collect previous health history and sports injury history and physical examination information.
- Be an active member of the Beaver Backers Booster Club and actively participate in fundraising for the athletic program, including respective sport.
- Plan and conduct summer training workshops.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Athletic Training Facilities as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer and other associated medical personnel in the prevention and care of athletic injuries for the Intercollegiate Athletic Program at Pratt Community College.
- This position requires the ability to lift heavy objects and work long hours.
- Ability to successfully complete the administrative tasks of the position.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Schedule coverage for practices, games, meets, and matches of athletic events for Pratt Community College.
- Coordinate public education programs concerning sports medicine.
Supervises the Following Staff
Supervise all student workers involved with the program including managers, statistician, etc.
Supervise all student trainers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Willingness to understand the community college role and mission.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration and community.
- Ability to communicate with and command respect from students and serve as a role model to them.
Athletic training experience at high school and/or college level preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred)
Certifications and/or Licensure
Office, and indoor settings as well as outdoor work in various weather conditions.
Position requires evening and weekend work.