Application procedures for students applying for Federal Aid such as: Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study, and Federal Direct Student Loans are as follows:
1. Enroll at PCC by calling 620-450-2221
2. Qualify for aid (see eligibility requirements below)
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) in college
- Show you're qualified to obtain a college education by having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate OR completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law
3. Apply for a FSA ID
- The student and parent (if dependent) will each need to have a separate FSAID
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For the 2023-2024 academic year, you can apply beginning Oct 1, 2022.
- The 2023-2024 academic year includes courses taken in Summer 2023.
- Priority Deadline is August 1st of each year.
- PCC School Code: 001938
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- After you complete the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report, or SAR.
- Your SAR contains the information reported on your FAFSA and usually includes your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The EFC is an index number used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Review your SAR information and make any corrections or changes, if necessary.
- The school(s) you list on your FAFSA will get your SAR data electronically.
6. Communicate with the Financial Aid Office
- PCC Financial Aid Office will communicate upon receipt of your FAFSA to your personal email address listed on the FAFSA. All communication thereafter will be to your PCC Email Address ONLY.
7. Submit Required Documents
- Submit your required documents through your E-Central account. Here is the link to E-Central: https://etcentral.prattcc.edu/
- To login, you must know your PCC Email Address and Password
8. Review Aid Offer
- Review your Aid Offer to see what you are eligible for
- Return as soon as possible to secure your financial aid package through your E-Central account.
- An email will be sent to your PCC Email Address once your Aid Offer is available.
For additional assistance with the federal student aid process, please visit the Department of Education's website for more information: https://studentaid.gov/
**An Administrative processing fee of $100 will be charged after August 1 if students have not completed their scholarship, letter of intent or confirmed payment arrangements with the Business Office. Students without financial aid in place will be required to set-up an online payment plan in order to attend classes and move into the residence halls.**