This is a hybrid course with the theory portion being all online, 3 in person lab days on the PCC campus, and 4 clinical days at a LTC community in the Pratt area.
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE?
This is a nursing techniques course designed to develop the skills of nurse aides in the hospital or long term care facility. Certification provides opportunities to work in nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living facilities, and many other health care facilities where patient assistance is needed.
For more information on the online Nurse Aide Course contact Erica Meitler Director of Allied Health at 620.450.2161 or email@example.com Laurie Ackerman, Assistant to the Director of Allied Health at 620.450.2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This course meets the guidelines set forth by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Service. http://www.kdads.ks.gov/
- Completion of PCC Application.
- Student must be 16 years of age.
- A copy of student social security card, drivers licenses.
- Signature of Student agreement and memo of understanding.
- Provide a negative TB test that has been administered in the last six months of the start date of class.
- Completion of State Application. Click on links below for additional information: Student Forms for Certified Nurse Aide Student Forms for State Exam Online Course Offerings On Campus Course Offerings High School Concurrent Course Offerings