(May 18 – July 31) Monday - Thursday 7:45 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
How To Apply for Federal Aid
Application procedures for students applying for Federal Aid such as: Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study, and Federal Direct Student Loans are as follows:
1. Enroll at PCC by calling 620-450-2221
2. Qualify for aid (see eligibility requirements below)
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Register with Selective Service, if you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in college
- Show you're qualified to obtain a college education by having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate OR completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law
3. Apply for a FAFSA PIN
- After completion of verification with the SSA (1-3 days from the date you first apply), you will be able to use your PIN to access your personal information on any of the Federal Student Aid websites and sign your FAFSA electronically.
- If you are a parent and you want to electronically sign a FAFSA for your child, you need your own PIN.
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For the 2015-2016 academic year, you can apply beginning Jan. 1, 2015.
- You have until June 30, 2016 to submit your FAFSA.
- PCC School Code: 001938
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- After you complete the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report, or SAR.
- Your SAR contains the information reported on your FAFSA and usually includes your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The EFC is an index number used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Review your SAR information and make any corrections or changes, if necessary.
- The school(s) you list on your FAFSA will get your SAR data electronically.
6. Communicate with the Financial Aid Office
- PCC Financial Aid Office will communicate through a number of ways to get the necessary information to you. Please respond promptly to all correspondence. You may also login to your self-service account to check on your financial aid status.
7. Submit Required Documents
- Fax: 620-450-2228
8. Review Award Letter
- Review your award letter to see what you are eligible for
- Return as soon as possible to secure your financial aid package to:
- Fax: 620-450-2228
For additional assistance with the federal student aid process, the U.S. Department of Education has provided a video to help explain the process. Watch the video now!
**An Administrative processing fee of $100 will be charged after August 1 if students have not completed their scholarship, letter of intent or confirmed payment arrangements with the Business Office. Students without financial aid in place will be required to set-up an online payment plan in order to attend classes and move into the residence halls.**