How To Apply for Federal Aid
Application procedures for students applying for Federal Aid such as: Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study, and Federal Direct Student Loans are as follows:
1. Enroll at PCC by calling 620-450-2221
2. Qualify for aid (see eligibility requirements below)
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Register with Selective Service, if you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in college
- Show you're qualified to obtain a college education by having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate OR completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law
3. Apply for a FSAID
- The student and parent will each need to have a separate FSAID
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For the 2015-2016 academic year, you can apply beginning Jan. 1, 2015.
- The 2015-2016 academic year includes courses taken in Summer 2016.
- For the 2016-2017 academic year, you can apply beginning Jan. 1, 2016.
- You have until June 30, 2017 to submit your FAFSA.
- PCC School Code: 001938
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- After you complete the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report, or SAR.
- Your SAR contains the information reported on your FAFSA and usually includes your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The EFC is an index number used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Review your SAR information and make any corrections or changes, if necessary.
- The school(s) you list on your FAFSA will get your SAR data electronically.
6. Communicate with the Financial Aid Office
- PCC Financial Aid Office will communicate through a number of ways to get the necessary information to you. Please respond promptly to all correspondence. You may also login to your self-service account to check on your financial aid status.
7. Submit Required Documents
- Fax: 620-450-2228
8. Review Award Letter
- Review your award letter to see what you are eligible for
- Return as soon as possible to secure your financial aid package to:
- Fax: 620-450-2228
For additional assistance with the federal student aid process, the U.S. Department of Education has provided a video to help explain the process. Watch the video now!
**An Administrative processing fee of $100 will be charged after August 1 if students have not completed their scholarship, letter of intent or confirmed payment arrangements with the Business Office. Students without financial aid in place will be required to set-up an online payment plan in order to attend classes and move into the residence halls.**