• PCC baseball closes out the season on the road in Hutchinson on April 29 & May 1. First pitch in the double header is set for 1 pm.

GI Bill Information

Thank you to veterans.jpg

Where can I find out about my veteran benefits for education?

Descriptions of the available benefits, instructions for claiming these benefits, and many additional resources are available at:http://www.gibill.va.gov.

Where are my VA Education Benefits?

The Department of Veterans Affairs has made funds available for Veteran students who are still awaiting their education benefit claim to be processed. Eligible veterans can receive up to a $3000 advance, which will be recouped from future benefit payments. If you applied for one of the VA's education programs and have not yet received your monthly benefit payment, you can request a one-time advance payment at your local VA Regional Office or through VA's Web site, www.va.gov.



What steps need to occur in order for me to have my enrollment at Pratt Community College certified with the VA?

Students seeking to use VA benefits will need to complete an application (22-1990) at http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application/.

Upon the successful completion of your application to the VA, you will receive, via mail, a Certificate of Eligibility. A copy of this Certificate will need to be given to Pratt Community College's Enrollment Services Department before you can be certified. This copy can be faxed to Enrollment Services at 620-450-2282, or it can be scanned and emailed to erinl@prattcc.edu.

Do I have to verify my enrollment to receive benefits?

Yes, you need to verify your attendance every month before payment is issued if you are attending an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) or Non-College Degree (NCD) program and are receiving one of the following:

  • Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
  • Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program - REAP
  • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program - VRAP

You can verify your enrollment by calling 1-877-823-2378 or visiting:http://www.gibill.va.gov/wave.

Do I need to contact PCC if I've changed my schedule?

Yes. If a class is added or dropped during the course of a semester, the VA Certifying Official will need to be notified of the change, via email, at erinl@prattcc.edu.  

Who can I contact for more information about veteran benefits at PCC?

For more information about your VA benefits administered through PCC, please contact Erin Lacio at erinl@prattcc.edu or 620-450-2218.


When you're ready to enroll, call 620-450-2217 or speak to your advisor


Additional veterans resources in the state of Kansas: