PCC will close Dec. 24, 2014 and will reopen for business on Jan. 5, 2015. Happy Holidays!
Pratt Community College is a student-centered public institution of higher education that grants associate degrees and occupational certificates. Our mission is to seek maximum student learning through high quality instruction and services that meet the educational and occupational training needs of our students. We provide activities for the lifetime enrichment of our students and the citizens in south central Kansas and beyond.
For more information, please contact Frank Stahl at email@example.com or call: 620-450-2114.
To be considered for admission to PCC, a student must have graduated from the equivalent of a U.S. High school (12 years of education) and submit the following documents. All items must be on file at PCC before an I-20 will be issued:
___ 1. Fill out an Application for Admission under the Apply Now on the home page.
- April 15 for Fall semester (August start date)
- September 15 for the Spring (January start date)
- February 15 for the summer semester (June and July start dates)
___ 2. Academic Records (Transcripts)
Official copies of academic records for all coursework completed in secondary schools and/or colleges and universities must be submitted. These must be translated to English and must include a graduation date and be properly certified.
___ 3 Financial Letter of Support (pdf):
Documentation showing financial support for the school year is required. This should be dated within six months of your anticipated arrival.
___ 4. English Proficiency:
Students whose first language is not English must document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500 or above (173 computer-based or 61 Internet-based) The institutional school code is 6581 for PCC.
- Completion of the ELS 109
- Completion of KAPLAN INTERNATIONAL Intensive English.
- Successful completion of the ESL (English as a Second Language) level 9 at the Hays Language Institute.
- Academic Credit of 12 hours or more from a U.S. Post-Secondary Institution.
- One year from a U.S. High school with 2.5 grade point average.
- Transcript which shows that all instruction was taught in English with a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
To be issued an I-20 the following must be submitted:
___ 5. Pre-payment of $7,142.50: (Detailed Costs List for International Students)
- Due June 1 for Fall Semester
- Due November 1 for Spring Semester
- Due April 1 for Summer Semester
___ 6. Telephone Interview conducted by Frank Stahl, Coordinator of Special Program Admissions.
___ 7. Housing Information (each of the following must be submitted)
- Immunization Records (Meningitis shot is required)
- Personal Information Sheet
- Housing Contract for 19 meals
- Health Card
____8. Proof of Medical Insurance
International students must show proof of insurance at the initial time of enrollment and each subsequent enrollment period. PCC does not endorse any one company and recommends students research choices on their own. Numerous options may be found on the Internet.
____9. Negative Tuberculosis Test-Skin test or Chest X-ray
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire
When arriving to enroll, the following must be submitted:
1. Proof of Medical Insurance is required before enrollment.
2. Student copy of PCC I-20
3. Copy of I-20 from transferring school (if Applicable)
4. Passport, F-1 Visa, and I-94 card
Admissions requirements and procedures for international students are subject to change according to the recognized needs of students and the college.