The Dennis Lesh foundation Food Services Recognition Award of $500 is to be Annually to a Pratt Community College Food Services employee who, by his or her actions, exhibits courtesy, care and concern for students and is known for the quality of service that he or she consistently provides them.
The recipient is to be recognized at PCC graduation.
1. Exhibits care, concern and empathy for students and creating a home environment.
2. Provides quality service on a consistent basis.
3. Consistently demonstrates a cheerful, positive attitude and friendly disposition.
4. Actively supports students through interest in and attendance at student and college sponsored events.
5. Must be employed regularly at the PCC Cafeteria.
6. Must be employed at PCC for a minimum of seven consecutive months.
7. Is considered an employee in good standing as determined by the Vice President for Finance and Operations. Satisfactory performance evaluations and no current record of disciplinary action will be considered by the Vice President in determining whether the employee is in good standing, but all information shall remain confidential.
8. Prior award recipients can be considered in successive years.
Any PCC employee, student or faculty member may recommend a food services employee by submitting written examples of characteristics listed above. Examples must have occurred during the 12 months immediately preceding the date of nomination. Examples of the criteria that occurred consistently over a longer period may be used to illustrate the long-term commitment the employee to provide quality service in a friendly and cheerful manner. An online form is available to print and complete at the bottom of this page.
A Nominations Committee to evaluate all nominations will be appointed by the PCC President. The committee will be chaired by the Vice President of Finance and Operations and include the food services supervisor, two resident hall students and two regular cafeteria patrons. The Nominations Committee will forward its recommendation to the Dennis Lesh Foundation Advisory Committee for review and approval.
Nomination sheets completed by students, staff and faculty must be submitted to the Office of the President or the Vice President of Finance and Operations by April 26, 2024.
Dennis Lesh Foundation Advisory Committee
c/o South Central Community Foundation
P.O. Box 8624
Pratt, KS 67124