The Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference (KJCCC) is currently accepting applications for the KJCCC Commissioner position.
The KJCCC Commissioner is responsible for the management, administration, and coordination of all phases of the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference (KJCCC). The Commissioner monitors and administers the rules and regulations of the KJCCC and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) for the 21 KJCCC schools. The Commissioner serves as the primary spokesperson for the Conference, the primary liaison to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), and a liaison between the Presidents, Athletic Directors, Coaches and groups associated with each sport. The Commissioner will assure appropriate officiating for all sports, and provide overall administrative leadership and management for the KJCCC. The Commissioner reports to the KJCCC Executive Committee (Past President, Current President and Incoming President of the KJCCC schools).
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a high quality intercollegiate athletic program
- Provide enthusiastic leadership and promote the Conference
- Serve as an NJCAA Region VI Directors or as an NJCAA Officer
- Represent and relate the college’s views at meetings involving the National Junior College Athletic Association, Kansas Jayhawk Conference and Region VI of the NJCAA when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all NJCAA and KJCCC rules.
- Conduct investigations as deemed appropriate and assess penalties as needed
- Consult with the NJCAA officials when appropriate for clarification of NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Organize and direct the scheduling of conference sports
- Organize and direct the hiring and evaluation of sports officials
A Master’s Degree is preferred from a regionally accredited institution of higher education recognized by the US Department of Education. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
The salary range is between $70,000 - $85,000 (depending upon experience). The position will include medical/dental, enrollment in the Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS), and two weeks paid vacation per year.
About the KJCCC
The KJCCC is made up of 21 two-year colleges in Kansas, including the 19 community colleges, Northwest Tech and Hesston College. The conference is part of the NJCAA’s Region VI.
How to apply
For a complete job description and to apply visit https://www.kjccc.org/job_openings/index or send a resume to Coffeyville Community College at 400 W 11th, Coffeyville, KS 67337 Attn: Human Resources. The KJCCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.