General Description and Purpose
Responsible for general cleaning of classrooms, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, hallways and dorms as assigned by the Director of Facilities, and any condition that affects the safety and health of students, staff, and faculty.
- Clean and maintain assigned areas daily.
- Turn off lights in unused areas.
- Report all damage of college property.
- Secure all office doors, and other secured areas after cleaning.
- Perform maintenance on all college facilities as assigned by the Director of Facilities
- Help with digging, raking, snow and ice removal.
- Required to perform holiday and Sunday duty on a rotating basis.
- Make good use the supplies available and economize wherever possible.
- Security of all college equipment, tools, buildings and vehicles.
- Assist in the set-up and breakdown of chairs, tables, etc., for various activities on campus.
- Assist in the installation and movement of equipment and/or machinery on campus.
- Serve the College and its customers in a professional and congenial manner.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
Supervises the Following Staff
Maintenance helper/Work Study
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Valid driver’s license.
- 21 years of age.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Skills in basic housekeeping, washroom sanitizing, general cleaning, safety, basic electricity and plumbing.
- Ability to communicate with other employees and students.
- Able to discern job priorities for self and others assigned so as to direct workload, and to complete work while dealing with various interruptions.
- Able to read and understand instructions & labels.
- Capable of moving a minimum 100 lbs. and ability to carry 15-45 lb. loads over 50 yds. multiple times in a (4) hour period.
- Ability to work on feet (standing, walking, constant movement) for a 4 hour period.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, climb, crawl and lift objects for a 4 hour period.
- Ability to lift 45 lb. objects overhead up to 7 feet high.
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, heavy equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions for 4 hour periods.
Experience in general custodial work, maintenance, and repair of machines required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years college or trade school preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Position requires work both indoors and outdoors. Requires maintenance of the grounds during inclement weather conditions.