General Description and Purpose
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support services for the Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management and other division offices, including enrollment services, registrar, admissions, residence life, student success, marketing/communications and other offices as directed or assigned by the Vice President or President. Special college relations tasks will also be facilitated by the Administrative Assistant.
- Provide training and scheduling for classified support staff.
- Oversee online calendar for Students/Enrollment Management personnel.
- Prepare and coordinate correspondence as directed.
- Coordinate, notify and track report deadlines and tasks associated with division staff as directed.
- Coordinate meeting set-up for committees, groups or appointments as directed.
- Serve as the point of contact for student messages and follow up with students as needed.
- Serve as point of contact and responder for external visitors, such as law enforcement, seeking to meet with students.
- Entry of data pertaining to admissions, enrollment processes, registrar, residence life and/or student records.
- Assist with enrollment registration paperwork and process as directed.
- Clerical duties as assigned: data entry, typing, filing, telephone correspondence, bulk mailings, meeting correspondence.
- Assist with enrollment, registration, orientation and special event days.
- Assist with functions of the Students/Enrollment Mgt. division and departments as directed.
- Provide optimum customer service.
- Facilitate training and support service to internal and external customers related to students/enrollment management division.
- Conduct operations in a professional manner including, but not limited to, appearance, organization, responsiveness and accountability. Assist with projects outside the scope of primary reasonability when requested.
- Provide information about the college programs, services or events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Additional duties include coordinate and/or assist with:
- Community Service Tracking for employees, clubs/org, Pratt Co/Above & Beyond Scholars; coordination with athletics
- Representation, college involvement at community events (Volunteer Service Day, etc.)
- Community Services/Business Fair for students
- Club 62 support and coordination
- Networking initiatives with parents of currently enrolled and prospective students (communication, club, special event, Beaver Building Day)
- “Community on Campus” events (holiday event, grade school class event, walk-a-thon, coffee club)
- Communication to students (birthday card, congrats, in the news)
- Campus relations/customer service (complaints, hospitality, troubleshooting, special initiatives
- Assist with college relations and customer service duties as assigned
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- To understand, support, and enforce all policies as expressed by the Board of Trustees of Pratt Community College in letter, intent and spirit.
- Be involved in college activities as required.
Supervises the Following Staff
Work Study Personnel
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- To provide leadership and service in a friendly and timely manner, exhibiting a customer service philosophy and practice.
- Develop and maintain office systems which are effective and efficient.
- Be accurate and prompt in all reports and assignments.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Computer and data entry skills using products in a networked environment.
- Work with diverse populations and directly with people.
- Excellent collaborative and consensus building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle confidentially sensitive information without question.
- Pleasing personality and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Work in a student-centered environment, understanding and supporting the mission, philosophy, vision, goals and objectives of PCC.
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends when needed (minimal).
- Must be neat, dependable, have good work ethic, work amiably with others.
- Minimum two-year experience in a multi-person office required.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Two-year degree in business preferred and/or comparable experience in related field.
Certifications and/or Licensure