Procedures for Changing Course Dates After Enrollment
ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY Review Date
PROCEDURES FOR CHANGING COURSE DATES AFTER ENROLLMENT
Changes in class scheduling after students have enrolled do not reflect on the student’s Self-Service schedule. Therefore, if the beginning & ending dates of a course need to be changed after there is enrollment in that section, the following steps will be taken:
1. The department/person requesting the changes needs to first print out class list of students as follows: 1) Click on the magnifying glass next to “Adds” (bottom right) to bring up the names. 2) Click on print. (Depending on the enrollment, sometimes one has to print, scroll down to get more names to show on the screen, and then print again. Be sure the entire list of students is printed.)
2. The department/person requesting the changes will contact all enrolled students with the new dates. For on-campus classes, first make sure the room is available for the new dates prior to contacting the students (contact the person in charge of facility room scheduling). Confirm that they are willing to take the class during the new time period. If not, make a note on the class list and draw a line through their name. If other sections are offered, give them that information. For each student, note whether or not student was contacted, if a voice message was left, if an email was sent, if a phone number was no longer in service, etc. Date and sign this contact list. Keep a copy of this class list with the notations.
3. The department/person requesting the changes will cancel that section as follows:
a. In Section Description (PowerCampus) type “CANCELLED”.
b. Print a screen shot of that page and write down the course details including start/end dates, day of week, times, room number. Copy that (hard copy) to the person in charge of facility room scheduling (only for on-campus classes) and to the Registrar’s Office. Date and sign this page.
c. Notify the personnel office so corresponding instructor contracts can be cancelled. Include the instructor’s name, course number (including section number), and scheduled pay date.
d. Create a new section with the updated course information (new dates, etc.) Print out this information and give to the person in charge of facility room scheduling (only for on-campus classes) and to the Registrar’s Office. Date and sign this page.
4. When class cancellation request is sent to the Registrar’s office, the students will be automatically dropped and their accounts re-assessed.
5. The department/person requesting the changes will send a copy of the class list from the cancelled class (with your notes) to the Registrar’s office along with the new section’s information (complete course number & dates) and ask that those students who have agreed with the changes be added to the new section. Date and sign the request.
6. The department/person requesting the changes will process a new employment contract with the updated course and date information.