Adding, Dropping, and Withdrawal
Adding a Class
- The student picks up an Add/Drop form from the Registrars Office or from their Advisor. He or she then fills out all the requested information.
- The student has one full week after the first class period to add. They will need an Advisor's signature. If a student wants to add a class after the first full week of classes, he or she must obtain a signature from the Instructor, Advisor, as well as the Dean of Instruction.
- The student then brings the form back to the Registrars Office to be entered. This must be accomplished within 5 days of the initiation date. Because of this deadline, it is imparative that the student walk the form through the process.
- Once the add form has been completed, the student must contact the Business Office for changes in their account.
Dropping a Class
- The student must pick up an Add/Drop form from the Registrars Office or from their Advisor. The student then fills out all the requested information and gets required signatures.
- To drop a class during the first full week of classes, the student needs their Advisor's signature. After the first full week of classes, the student needs their Advisor's, as well as their Instructor's signature to drop the class. If the student drops the class after certification date (the 20th day of class), and during the withdrawal window, the student is guaranteed a "W". Once a class has reached the 75% completion date, the student can not process a withdrawal from that class. After proper signatures have been obtained, the student returns the form to the Registrars Office no later than five days after the initiation date.
- After the form is processed, the student needs to contact the Business Office to deal with any changes in their account.
- The student can only obtain a Complete Withdrawal form from the Registrars Office. The student then fills out all the requested information.
- He or she must get all the required signatures. This includes their Advisor, all of their Instructors, Director of Residence Life (if applicable), Director of Financial Aid, the Director of the Bookstore (if they have a Book Scholarship), and the Student Account Coordinator in the Business Office.
- Return the form to the Office of the Registrar to be processed.
- Student goes to the Business Office to deal with any changes of their account.