Residence Life Information
The following items are necessary to complete a housing packet. Until ALL items are on file, a room will NOT be assigned.
- Contract -- The student is required to read and initial the housing contract. This outlines the legal and binding agreement for residency.
- Breaking Fee -- There is a $200 fee charged to ALL students who do not fulfill their contractual agreement. This is assessed to any student who does not remain on campus for the full academic year (both fall and spring semesters). The student may appeal this in writing to the Vice-President of Students.
- Deposit -- $200 for all halls. There is a $10 non-refundable students activity fee. The remainder of the deposit will be returned to the student after they leave Pratt Community College, if there are no damage fines charged to their account, and they do not have an unpaid balance. If the student has an unpaid balance, the deposit will be applied to that amount. Returning sophomores can carry over the $190 for their deposit and pay the non-refundable $10 fee with their housing contract.
- Immunization Records -- The State of Kansas requires that each on-campus resident receive or show proof of receiving 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunizations. PCC also requires students have a meningitis vaccination and proof of TdaP or Td (Tetanus) within the last 10 years. Students must also complete a TB Screening Questionnaire with their contract. The questionnaire is located under the 2012-2013 Housing Contract document. This is very important documentation that must be provided to the Office of Residence Life. A room will not be issued to any student who has failed to provide this information. Exceptions – The student is exempt from these immunizations if they can provide documented proof of the Positive Antibody Titer or due to other documented medical reasons.
- Confidential Health Card – The prospective student must fill out the confidential health card and sign it. It is important to be thorough on the form. The information is used in case of a medical emergency. Please make sure all medications and allergies are listed.
- Emergency Contact Card – used to contact family member or someone close to the family in the event of an emergency. It is important that the student fills in the telephone numbers.
- Personal Information Card – Used to assist in determination of roommates and location in the dormitories. It is important that the student lists all activities that they are planning to be involved with on campus.
All departments that scholarship students are encouraged to assist the Director of Residence Life in determining room and roommate assignments. Some students will request to reside with a friend, which will take priority. However, due to other circumstances, not all requests can be accommodated.
Housing contracts will be available on-line and in Office 77, January 9.
There is the capacity to house 356 persons on campus at Pratt Community College. The breakdown reads as follows:
Novotny Hall houses 96 males, Beck Hall houses 36 females, Porter Hall houses 16 males, and North Hall houses 64 co-eds. Scholarship houses 72 co-eds. East Hall, the newest faciility, houses 72 co-eds.
Priority for the space available will be given to those students who have their completed housing packets on file. It is important that the student get their completed housing packets in on or before the 15th of July to hopefully ensure on-campus housing.
Resident Assistant Information
The resident assistant program is a paid position, hired by the Director of Residence Life. All sophomore level students may apply for one of the twenty-four positions. This is an employment opportunity for students who possess leadership qualities. All students are encouraged to apply for RA positions. Applications are available from the Director of Residence Life.
For More Information, contact:
Director of Residence Life
Office: (620) 450-2192, Cell: (620) 770-0925 or
1-800-794-3091 ext. 192 (Kansas Only)