Athlete Agent Act Standards
The following standards are adopted for implementation of the Athlete Agent Act (“the act”) enacted by the Kansas legislature.
1. A compliance coordinator appointed by the President shall organize the athlete interview schedule for the Pratt Community College (PCC) campus and ensure compliance with the act and rules and regulations adopted under the act.
2. The interview period for each sport shall commence the first Monday following the last game or competition for the athlete’s sport(s) that precedes the athlete’s final year of eligibility; the interview period shall end not later than thirty (30) calendar days from the commencement date. Interviews shall not occur during the athlete’s scheduled class times or the period during final examinations.
3. Athlete agent interviews shall be scheduled with the compliance coordinator during college administration business hours.
4. Athlete agent interviews shall be conducted in the office of the Athletic Director in the Main Building on the Pratt Community College campus.
5. During the interview period, an athlete agent shall not contact a PCC athlete except at an interview scheduled through the compliance coordinator.
6. Each scheduled interview shall not exceed one hour and must be in the presence of the athletic director and/or the athlete’s head coach. More than one interview between an athlete agent and a PCC athlete may be scheduled, at the discretion of the compliance coordinator, not to exceed three interviews during the interview period.
7. The terms and conditions of the Athlete Agent Act adopted by the State of Kansas, any subsequent amendments thereto, and any implementing regulations, are incorporated into these standards by reference.
8. Standards adopted by the KJCCC and the NJCAA for implementation of the Athlete Agent Act, now or in the future, are incorporated into these standards by reference.
9. These standards will be provided to each athlete by his/her coach.