Residence Hall Occupancy -- Pre/Post Semester & Holiday Guidelines
RESIDENCE HALL OCCUPANCY - PRE/POST SEMESTER & HOLIDAY GUIDELINES
1. August/Pre Semester: In-season athletes (soccer, cross country and volleyball) may check-in to the residence hall no earlier than
2. Holiday Break Periods: Residence halls are closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break holidays.
3. *Coach Stay In Residence Hall: When designated athletes are required to remain on campus during holiday break or when the residence halls are closed, the following will occur:
o Each team’s respective coach is required to stay overnight in the residence hall until the break is over and be available to respond to students, staff and security as needed.
o Daily from 9 pm to midnight the coach will conduct hourly tours of the residence halls and consult with security officials.
o Other than the noted times above, if the coach is off campus during the day/evening hours they are to be available by cell phone and able to respond and return to campus immediately if contacted.
o The coach is responsible for supervision, enforcement of rules and providing assistance to athletes. Rules and policies are enforced as per regular semester operations.
o Each coach will attend a briefing meeting on rules, regulations and emergency procedures on December 10 with the Director of Residence Life.
4. Thanksgiving Holiday: Halls close at 5 pm the last day of classes prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. Halls open at noon on the Sunday following Thanksgiving.
5. Christmas Holiday: The halls close at 5 pm the last day of final exams for the Christmas holiday. This applies to all students with the exception of athletes participating in scheduled games or matches. Halls open at noon the day prior to spring semester registration.
6. Early Christmas Holiday Return Date: In-season athletes (wrestling, indoor track and basketball) with official activities may return to the residence halls on December 28. Respective coach must be moved into the residence hall prior to the arrival of athletes on December 28.
7. Meeting with Business Office: Athletes and their respective coach are required to meet as a group with business office officials on the first working day following the 28th. The meeting will be arranged by the athletic director and the business office official for the purpose of reviewing financial obligations and authorizing residency in the halls. Written documentation from the business office regarding student clearance to live in the residence hall will be provided to the Director of Residence Life following the meeting.
8. Spring Break Holiday: The halls will be open over spring break, no food service available. Refer to *#3. Coach Stay in Residence Hall – briefing meeting will be March 10.
9. May Post/Semester: In-season athletes (baseball, softball, and track) with official activities may remain in the residence halls through post-season play.
X Policy replaces 2-14-11