Institutional Program Review
The vice presidents, in conjunction with their respective faculty and staff shall develop and implement a systematic procedure for on-going and periodic analysis and evaluation of their respective college instructional programs and support services. The review process will include methods to document program assessment review and to document review findings. Action plans will be developed based on the findings of the review.
The purpose of such a review shall include the following goals:
1. To assure that each instructional program and support service are appropriate to the institutional mission, philosophy, and goals;
2. To assure that the content and quality of the curriculum are adequate to meet the educational needs of the students who enroll in the courses of study;
3. To monitor the effectiveness and quality of support services across the institution;
4. To assure adequate resources, such as financial, human, and community are available to administer and support the instructional program or support service;
5. To assure that each program or service is consistent with the regulations and guidelines published by the Kansas Board of Regents, regional and specialized accrediting or certifying associations, and other relevant and applicable laws and regulations.
All instructional programs and support services will follow a five-year comprehensive review schedule to be jointly developed by the respective vice president. The review process will be initiated for the upcoming year no later than July 1 for support programs and August 15 for instructional programs. In each case, findings of the review and an action plan will be completed no later than March 1 to be available for the annual Board planning session. Follow-up on progress will be reported on the Status of Projects. Follow-up reports will be made to the Board in November and March. A summary of the results, findings and subsequent action will be documented in the Annual Assessment Report.
X Replaces policy dated 09-27-05